Environment: Project Server 2010 and MS Project 2010
Background: Users get the below error message when try to connect to Project Server using MS Project.
1. The PWA URL set up by user in the MS Project is incorrect.
2. The PWA URL is not added to the trusted sites.
3. Corrupted cache / user profile on the computer having MSP (Project Client) installed.
1. Validate the PWA URL set up in the MS Profile account. For example: It should be ‘https://servername:port/PWA’.
2. Add the PWA URL to browser trusted sites. Steps as below –
Internet Option -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Site -> Mention the URL and click on Add button -> Ok.
3. Clear the cache files of the user on the computer. Steps as below:
File -> Options -> Select Quick Access Toolbar -> Under Choose commands from select All Commands-> Find and select Cleanup Cache in the list and click Add -> Click OK to exit-> You will now see the cleanup cache button in your quick access toolbar at the top right-> Click the Green icon to open-> You will now see projects that are cached in two ways
• Projects not check out to you
• Projects checkout to you
Select one at a time and click remove from cache -> Close the Project Pro Client and reopen
Note: If you are facing the issue after taking care of above all causes then in that case as per my previous experience you may want to ask the user to re-setup the PWA account in the MS Project/Under file/ Info/Manage Accounts as a workaround.
Let me know if you have come across any other fix for this problem. Thanks.