Issue: Users don’t get prompted to Check in a document after closing the document and saving changes to a sharepoint document library.
Reason: By Default, Checked OUT option is disabled in the Project Document Library settings:)
Objective: To enable the Checked Out option in the Project Document list so the user will be prompted to check-in the document when it is saved back to the server.
- Open the Project Site Template Site Action -> Site Settings -> Sites & Workspaces under Site Administration -> Click on the Project Site Template under Sites
- Now, you need to Click on the Project Document list under Libraries on the Quick Launch menu
- Click on Library Settings in the group Settings under Library ribbon option
- On the Library settings page, click on Versioning Settings under General Settings section
- On the Versioning setting page, you need to select the ‘Yes’ radio button in section Require Check out option
- Save it as a latest project site template and configure to the Enterprise Project Type (EPT).