Issue: Project Site home page displays closed/Corrupted WebPart on the page after saving as a Project Site Template.
Cause: Web Part Corruption or closed WebParts which has not been deleted on the page.
Solution: To fix it you need to follow below steps:
1. Click on Site Action then Site Settings.
2. Click on Site and Workspaces under Site Administration section on the Site Setting Page.
3. On Site and Workspaces page, click on your Site Template under section Sites.
4. On Project site landing page, in the address bar Append ?contents=1 in the URL right after .aspx
5. Press <Enter>
6. Project Site template displays the Web Part Page Maintenance page.
7. Select the Web part of which you cannot see when you open the Project Site home page and then click the appropriate function on the toolbar like Delete.
8. Now, you can save project site as a Template, this will remove the unwanted WebPart on the Project site landing page.